Antique Vtg 1920s Painted Mesh Purse Art Deco Flapper Multicolor Whiting & Davis
Gorgeous, eye-catching mesh purse with lots of personality! Lovely muted, but vibrant tones of pink, blue, green, brown, yellow and orange. Art Deco architectural "statement" frame. Fine silver chain fringe which follows the shape of the bottom edge.
The bag is stamped on the interior of the frame Whiting & Davis Co Mesh Bags. The latch is working well. The purse measures 15.5 long in total including the strap. The frame and mesh body measure 6" long plus the 3" fringe, and the frame is 4 7/8 wide.
From a North Carolina estate. We have other vintage & antique purses and accessories available - see our other items. The item "Antique Vtg 1920s Painted Mesh Purse Art Deco Flapper Multicolor Whiting & Davis" is in sale since Wednesday, March 4, 2020. This item is in the category "Clothing, Shoes & Accessories\Specialty\Vintage\Vintage Accessories\Bags, Handbags & Cases".
The seller is "rightclickauctions" and is located in Pisgah Forest, North Carolina. This item can be shipped worldwide.
- Gender: Women
- Country/Region of Manufacture: United States
- Style: Evening Bag
- Look: Art Deco
- Decade: 1920s
- Material: Mesh
- Original/Reproduction: Original
- Similar / same era: Mandalian Bag, also Thomae Co.
- Style details: Victorian Edwardian Flapper Girl Formal Opera
- Extra details: Painted mesh bag, Chainmail Chain Links
- Color details: Silver chain: Pink green blue orange brown black gold yellow
- Color: Multi-Color
- Occasion: Formal
- Brand: Whiting & Davis
- Art Deco: Architectural Statement Frame Geometric w/ Floral
- More style info: Frame Framed Bag Formal Evening Wristlet Clutch